Planting an edible forest in IbizaFREE
22 tickets left Event Date
From 02/05/2023 10:00 to 02/05/2023 12:00
Feel like having a positive footprint in Ibiza? Join us in planting 50 fruit trees as we help build the largest edible forest in Ibiza on the local regenerative farm Terra Viva Ibiza.
The 2023 Multisport World Championships Ibiza set itself the ambitious goal of becoming one of the most groundbreaking triathlon events when it comes to generating a positive impact for people and planet. Ibiza is celebrating to have been awarded the Gold Sustainability Certification by World Triathlon and is aiming to be the first event in Europe to be certified as Zero Waste by Zero Waste Europe.
As part of the Good Loop Loop movement, we have been working on finding ways to compensate the carbon footprint generated by our event.
This is why we have chosen to swap bouquets of flowers given out at the podium for planting 50 fruit trees at a local regenerative farm which is creating the biggest edible forest on the island.
This is an open invite to all athletes, friends and family that would like to leave a regenerative impact in Ibiza by joining us in planting fruit trees at Terra Viva Ibiza on May 2nd, from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm.
This will also be an opportunity to explore another side of the island most visitors don’t get to see, and learn about Ibiza’s land and soil and the Terra Viva Ibiza project.
- This event is free of charge and has limited places. Please register through this website if you would like to contribute in planting a seed of change.
- Press here for map location
- Transport to and from the event must be self-organised. We would love you to come by bike 🙂
- The road up to the entrance of the finca is tarmacked.
- Please bring a reusable bottle of water, wear sun cream and a hat.
- All ages welcome!
- This event is free of charge. If you would like to contribute towards the preservation of Ibiza’s land and sea, you can make a donation on the following link indicating the “Good Loop”.